The Foundation’s Document Centre focuses on documenting the Collection and the Fondation Louis Vuitton’s artistic activities.
Its objectives are :
- to provide a library and a collection of documents about contemporary art, the artists of the Collection, the focal points of the Collection and the Foundation’s activities.
- to conserver the making of from commissioned works, to document the intentions and approaches of the artists.
- to conserver the making of from commissioned works, to document the intentions and approaches of the artists ; to be the depository of the life of the Foundation, including its construction, Gehry’s projects, and the exhibitions and cultural events (performances, screenings, concerts, lectures, etc.).
The room is 45m2 with six fully connected work stations for visitors, inquiries stations, a large HD screen. A selection of books and periodicals is available on open shelves.
The Documentation Centre provides:
- 6000 works in its reserve, available on request
- the latest acquisitions and 160 titles of periodicals are available on open shelves
- a documentary resources comprising 4200 articles may be read on site
- a selection of the Foundation’s photos and videos may be consulted
A documentary portal, accessible from the inquiries stations, allows simultaneous cross searches of the different collection according to visitors’ accreditations.The Documentation Centre supplies bibliographies and specific documentaries dossiers on request.