1. High-level training in six disciplines (singing, violin, piano, cello, viola and chamber music) with the Masters in Residence. Six leading figures from the world of classical music are supervising the Music Chapel and its young musicians in 2015-16: José van Dam, Augustin Dumay, Maria João Pires, Gary Hoffman, Miguel Da Silva, and the Artemis Quartet.
2. Professional experience via a network of cultural partners in Belgium (including Bozar, Flagey, La Monnaie, major orchestras and festivals) and around the world. Nearly 300 concerts are being produced, co-produced or organised by the Music Chapel during the 2015-16 season. Every year, the Music Chapel welcomes some sixty talented young musicians in residence, from Belgium and overseas, with 20 nationalities in 2015-16. The Music Chapel is one of the top institutions of its kind in the world.
It is unique in that 80% of its budget comes from the private sector (foundations, companies, private sponsors, self-generated revenue) while the remaining 20% is provided by public aid (European Union, Belgian Science Policy Office, Wallonia-Brussels Federation Ministry for Education, and the National Lottery).
The opening of new facilities such as the de Launoit Wing in January 2015 marks a new chapter in the Music Chapel's history, providing it with the resources it needs to fully accomplish its mission of passing on music to future generations through a season of Chapel concerts in its new hall overlooking the Sonian Forest. While the Chapel retains strong Belgian roots, its international calling its flourishing more than ever before.
Bernard de Launoit, Executive President