International Women's Day
Event 8 March 2021 – 12pm
Filmed visit of the exhibition
On the occasion of International Women's Rights Day, we wanted to look back on the journey of a woman who marked the history of architecture : Charlotte Perriand. A free woman, pioneer of modernity, a leading figure of the XX century design, who contributed to the definition of a new art de vivre.
The exhibition Charlotte Perriand : Inventing a New World retraced the architectural work of Charlotte Perriand, whose creations presage current conversations about the roles of women and nature in our society. The Fondation Louis Vuitton presented her lifetime achievements and the links she forged with the greatest artists of her time like Calder, Leger and Picasso.
Discover the filmed visit of the exhibition held at the Fondation from 2 October 2019 to 24 February 2020.
In conjunction with Charlotte Perriand : Inventing a New World, the Fondation organised a symposium in collaboration with the curators of the exhibition. Discover one of this intervention about Charlotte Perriand, a woman architect and designer.
Moderator : Laure Adler Writer
- Pernette Perriand-Barsac Curator of the exhibition
- Michelle Perrot Professor emeritus of Contemporary History at the Paris Diderot University Scientific
- Marie Laure Jousset Honorary Chief Curator, Former Head of the MNAM design department, Centre Georges Pompidou
- Odile Decq (video message) Designer Architect
- Patricia Urquiola Designer Architect